The recent shift in the mentality of people to maintain a work life balance led by adoption of technology especially internet has caused a boom in the hospitality sector. The realization came fueled with an increased per capita income that people tend to spend on recreational activities.
This is a great reason for aspirants to be targeting for a career in hospitality. But there are many other reasons to be in hospitality right now:
- The job opportunity is great in hospitality sector for freshers to experienced. A graduate in any of the hospitality management courses can expect a great package that may range from 1.5 Lto 3Lper annum as a fresher.
- Since it is a people oriented industry, it may be in perfect synchronization with your personality if you happen to be a gregarious person. Socializing skills are the most sought after skills by employers since it helps ensuring that a certain service standard is maintained and that guests enjoy the company of hoteliers.
- The perfect opportunity for the explorers to scale the travel ventures by getting opportunities to work in the top cities all around the world. Work for 5 star restaurants and experience the joy of working for the most prestigious names in hospitality.
- As far as the return of investment is concerned which is quite low in management courses, it is decently high in hotel management institutes in India. You can be a hotelier without having to burn a hole in your pocket. The fees of these hotel management courses are reasonably low.
- Well it’s not a typical 9-5 job with monotonous work schedules so it not boring. Unlike a typical corporate jobs where you go with your best suit on and the perfect tie to do the same old work, hotel management is comparatively much more interesting.
- The hospitality career is packed with a fun punch. It is one of the most enjoyable fields with cool perks such as world class accommodation and food.